Species in danger? Girl and Shrew to the rescue!
Agnes Gamble has no idea of the adventures that lie ahead with she signs up for SPEARS (The Society For the Protection of Endangered and Awesomely Rare Species). But she soon finds out when she and her new elephant-shrew partner Attie (short for “Attenborough”) are sent on a mission to the Brazilian rainforest to save an endangered bee named Elton.
To celebrate the release of Agents of the Wild: Operation Honeyhunt, fun-packed fiction with a conservation theme for readers aged 7+ from Jennifer Bell and Alice Lickens, Walker Books are delighted to give you everything you need to recruit SPEARS agents to carry out undercover tasks and continue the good work of Agents Attenborough and Gamble.
For your mission you will receive:
- 1 x A2 eye-catching poster
- 1 x downloadable activity pack of undercover tasks
- 1 x downloadable PDF of teacher’s notes
For the best “Save Our Rainforests” poster, the winner will receive a top secret SPEARS notebook, character cards and signed copy of Operation Honeyhunt. 10 runners up will receive a character cards and a copy of Operation Honeyhunt.*
We can’t wait to hear about how you are getting on with your mission. Keep us updated by sharing any news and photos via Twitter @ReadingAgency and @WalkerBooksUK using #AgentsOfTheWild.
Good luck, SPEARS is relying on you!
You can order these brilliant packs until 6 April (but they may be snapped up before this date).
The delivery of this pack has been postponed due to Covid-19 but please sign up for a pack to receive them when the libraries/schools reopen.
If you order an Agents of the Wild pack you are agreeing to share feedback of your displays or events on social media and sending feedback on how you used the provided resources to Kimberley Sheehan.
This offer is for public libraries and schools only. Please include the name of the library where you will be using the pack when adding your address for delivery, if not your order may be cancelled.
The publisher will be dispatching your resources. They will receive a dispatch list with your contact name and work address (which you give) for delivery. They will only deliver the pack requested and the dispatch list will then be deleted after the packs have been sent.
*If you would like to enter the “Save Our Rainforests” poster, then please send across the poster with the child’s name and a contact email address written on the back. The winner will receive a top secret SPEARS notebook, character cards and signed copy of Operation Honeyhunt. 10 runners up will receive a character cards and a copy of Operation Honeyhunt. The terms and conditions for the competition are written below.
Terms and conditions
- To enter the “Save Our Rainforests” poster competition, please *write child’s name, age and a contact email address* and send with the poster to Kimberley.Sheehan@readingagency.org.uk or to Kimberley Sheehan, The Reading Agency, 60 Farringdon Road, London, EC1R 3GA
- The closing date for the competition is 19 June 2020
- The competition is open to UK and Eire residents only, and entrants must be aged 12 years or under on 19 June 2020
- The judges' decision is final
- Any contact information will only be used if you are selected as a winner. All entrants data will be kept until the winner has received their prize and within 30 days of the winner being confirmed, the data will be destroyed
- The Winner will be notified via email. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, the Organiser reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner